Thursday, 3 December 2015

Bookie Wookie's 2000th Post!!! SOCIAL WOO HOO!!

Happy 2000th post y'all!!! It's a MOTHERHUMPING SOCIAL!!!


Yay to absolutely everyone who writes posts, reads, comments, reads and comments, reads and links and tweets and READS and POSTS!! And COMMENTS!! I lurve you all. Who would have thought such a small club would still be going,  2000 posts later? And I would argue that we've just gotten better over that time. Must give props to the person that suggested having a separate website for book club meets, it's okay, Seven of Eleven, we won't tell anyone else! Also to everyone who has contributed and is still contributing: awards are below, right after the gif parade.












Most Postive: Renoblondee, although I'm sure she thinks we were all super positive too. It's just like her!

Most Likely To Have Several of Her Own Awesome Blogs: BeckyMae hay gurl haaay!

Best Fairy Of All Media OF ALL TIME: OneEyeCharlie, without whom the book club would probably not run, yo

Best Recapping Partner EVAH: VeronicaS, seriously, if you haven't seen her try to explain George R.R. Martin to a moron (Marian of Trent), you haven't lived

Our Greatest British Baker: the lovely Violet, who is also our Greatest British Runner, but we gave those awards out last night untelevised.

Biggest Bravo / Bachelor Fan: JSierra. Our Texas rose knows better than ANYONE the joy of Andy's twisted ways. #BelowDeckMediterranean lady! WOO HOO 

Best Musical Taste: Orvi. Gotta be our Orvilla Bedinbacher and we'll be on the KANYECAPS 2020 train coming to a town near you!

Best Photographer: AJ aka Aubrey C aka AMAZING. Her Flickr had us allll tripping on her garage sale finds and morning Jersey walks

Most Metaphysical: Senorita Steamarita SteampunkJazz. She always makes you think outside the box.

Best Talent Scout for Dancing With The Stars: Sandybrook. He always knows!! Never bet against the Sandy! 

Commenter with the Most Impossible To Use Handle: dumb old girl. Ain't none of us gonna call you that, P! We love it when you show up!

Most Lovely Garden: Our Aussie flower Swivelstick and her gorgeous yard yield

Best Walking Dead Watching Party FROM THE BEGINNING: Renoblondee, OneEyeCharlie, TalksTooMuch and sometimes JSierra. Sorry about the Laurie :(

Most Chill Former Commenter: James, all right all right all right!

I know there is more, I'll add on as I go, but seriously. Thanks so much you guys.  There wouldn't even BE a blog without all of you contributing and being so damn funny and reading my shite and writing your shite and I just can't say enough how much I appreciate each and every one of you. 

Ps: I am SUPER proud of the fact that over 3/4 of the posts are all about the positivity and NOT the dramz. That's all our new direction after the first 500 and I LOVE it. Mwah

72 comments:

  1. Going old school with a..... FRIST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2000. I hope very much that i did not mention my feet in any of those 2000. And if i did, apologies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will come back and 'social' later if anyone is around. I am off work this week. As is Mr V. I have not decided if that's good or bad.

      Delete
    2. Oh see, but we LOVE your fubgally toes!

      Delete
    3. Well that sounds like exceedingly poor planning of Mr. V

      Delete
  3. I absolutely lurve all of you!
    Happy 2000th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hair sniffs all round! Ok, we good? It's 2am, keep the noise down FFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo extra long hugs at Veronica's for the AfterParty! Beep beep!

      Delete
  5. I just wrote a long post then blogger lost it. In a nutshell V2 needs to have her jaw broken and V3 has been asked to 'hang out' with a boy at the Xmas disco next week. And our Xmas tree is up and covered in tat but all the more glorious for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like one helluva Xmas disco, V.

      Delete
    2. Oh no! Wisdom teeth for V2?

      Delete
    3. Jaw broken? Oh my goodness! Ack!

      Boys. And it's started...

      Delete
    4. SHE'S 9 AND SHE HAS A DATE? ??

      And jaw broken? ?

      Delete
    5. Well, V3 is mine and therefore clearly completely adorable. But dates? Uh uh. That will not be happening. I'm not even sure what 'hanging out' even means. Probably that they might vaguely acknowledge the others existence at the disco before flailing around the school hall with their friends.
      V2 has a jutty out bottom jaw. Again, she's mine so obviously utterly gorgeous. But the maxiofacial surgeon recommends braces to realign teeth followed by jaw surgery. Yikes yikes and more yikes.

      Delete
    6. Oh my goodness, that sounds BRUTAL! And yes, it is all opposite sides with the same gender at that age, IIRC

      Delete
    7. Can V3 share some of her man eating ways? I could use a pointer or 100.

      Delete
    8. JS. She sniffs often, sings always, wears lob sided glasses, has dodgy hearing, socks that gather round her ankles, hair that has a mind of its own, has drama queen tendencies, laughs outrageously at fart jokes and totally owns all of that s**t. What's not to love?
      (She's currently in the shower singing 'we wish you a merry Christmas' and V2 is about to lamp her).

      Delete
    9. We've moved on to Wrecking Ball now. Totally naked and singing Wrecking Ball. That's your move JS.

      Delete
    10. Miley was in The Night Before and that was NOT a good look

      Delete
  6. Hooray! You're all such an amazing bunch. Love you guys!
    Extra shot of vodker in mah lemonade for celebrating later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double Renos, all around!

      Delete
    2. I just bought a bottle of cocoa infused gin for my friend's Xmas present. Interesting.

      Delete
    3. I mean this in the best way: that sounds DISGUSTING

      Delete
  7. I was so happy with this post until the end. Its LORI will you people never learn!?

    Woohoo 2000 posts! And its only just beginning! We've got Bach AND Med season coming up huzzah! Cheers to another 20,000n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found two more shows Imma do! Work Out New York (because I lurved Jackie Warner's WO) and maybe Top Chef

      Delete
    2. I'm on the fence about WONYC. Seeing as I'm me I'll probably watch. I like to not watch at least one Bravo show and right now that is Million Dollar Listing, which I don't want to start watching. Top Chef woohoo!

      I saw a preview for some new show with Lori playing Lori just with a different name. The 30 second clip made me so stabby, I can't even stand the actress because of Whori Lori.

      Delete
    3. Lori was such an ahole, someone said she was someone's mom on Prison Break? I'm looking at that Newlyweds first year, but I do kind of like my reality shows to be DOING something. Like serving drunk yahoos Don Julio '42

      Delete
  8. Side note: I wish I could look as magnificent as Liberace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First: kill and pluck 400 swans

      Delete
    2. Second: Steal Tim Guns 20lbs of glitter

      Delete
    3. In my mind Charlie you always do look as magnificent as Liberace.

      There you go. That's my Xmas present to you.

      Delete
    4. At some point, you will need to curl your hair with a tiny curling iron, then back comb

      Delete
    5. Next: glue on the 20lbs of glitter and 14000 iridescent sequins

      Delete
    6. Stand carefully in the middle of the room with your arms extended until the glue is almost dry, then have someone pelt you with the swan feathers for 7 minutes exactly

      Delete
    7. That sounds fairly straightforward

      Delete
    8. Did I mention the invasive waxing?

      Delete
  9. Heyyyyyyy Mofos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I think I win for most exclamations. Seriously, love you guys. Glad to have our peeps. Let's keep it rockin' and movin'.

    Let me know if there is social hour later on. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. and they said it wouldn't last!!

    Hey Chatty Mofos, HAYYYYYYY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hay hunty!! 2k plus counting whut whut!

      Delete
  11. Who woulda thunk it? Loved the shout out to 7, bwahahaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL not been a drama mama, just giving props where due! It was a whole different world 2000 posts ago!

      Delete
    2. Can I get an Amen up in heyah??

      Delete
    3. AMEN HALLELUJAH I SPELLED HALLELUJAH RIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE

      Its been a struggle, that word just gets me.

      Delete
    4. And the lights came up woo hooo!!

      Delete
    5. How's that nekkid Wrecking Ball practice going?

      Delete
  12. Can I just say? This is probably rude and whatnot and not supportive, but can I stop seeing Amy Schumer's nekkid bawday? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's because I feel she's disingenuous and yet: everywhere

      Delete
    2. You know we are watching Trainwreck tomorrow right?

      Delete
    3. I know! I WANT to like her! I WANT to understand! All I've seen are clips from her show and her recent HBO special

      Delete
    4. Then she's all nekkid in the news again and I crossed my pffter with my eye rolling and had to go lie down again

      Delete
    5. I actually don't think she's nude in the movie, you should be ok

      Delete
    6. You need to watch Inside Amy Schumer, the sketches are hella funny and very non PC.

      Delete
    7. I think you might like her in the movie!!!

      Delete
    8. I am keeping an open mind about the movie, but I found her clips from the shows very expected

      Delete
  13. Party tunes - DJ Earworm 2015 mashup

    ReplyDelete
  14. Than kyew Than kyew for my crystal trophy it has completely changed my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you like to thank God, Sandy??

      Delete
    2. Yes without the fans I would be fanless!. I am already Godless

      Delete
    3. I am also Godless! Cheers!

      Delete
  15. You guys, Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots has died

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fave Stone Temple Pilots song - Big Empty.

      Delete