Sunday, 13 December 2015

Grammy Nominations!

Like 8 days ago! Here's most of the full list (iffin you want who's nominated for
Best Choral Arrangement WHO ARE YOU?? and check www.grammysfornerds.com); show is February 15, 2016 and here's whatswegot: a lot of Taylor, TONNES of Kendrick Lamar and just enough The Weeknd to make us feel all cuddly and listened to. There are a few surprises, check it oot!


Record Of The Year

• Really Love - D'Angelo And The Vanguard

• Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson Featuring Bruno Mars
     
• Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran
     
• Blank Space - Taylor Swift
     
• Can't Feel My Face - The Weeknd

My pick: Blank Space (great song, impossible to find video) / Ode to Cocaine

For Sure Critics Choice: Really Love cuz I really haven't heard it at all



Album Of The Year
• Sound & Color - Alabama Shakes
     
• To Pimp A Butterfly - Kendrick Lamar
     
• Travel - Chris Stapleton
     
• 1989 - Taylor Swift

• Beauty Behind The Madness - The Weeknd

My pick: Gotta be 1989, best pop album in YEARS

For Sure Critics Choice: Kendrick Lamar or Chris Stapleton (who??) cuz I really haven't heard it at all


Song Of The Year
• Alright - Kendrick Lamar

• Blank Space - Taylor Swift

• Girl Crush - Little Big Town

• See You Again - Wiz Khalifa Featuring Charlie Puth

• Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran



My pick: Blank Space

For Sure Critics Choice: Alright by Kendrick Lamar


Best New Artist

Courtney Barnett

James Bay

Sam Hunt

Tori Kelly

Meghan Trainor


My pick: Meghan Trainor (or Reno beats me with a hose)

For Sure Critics Choice: James Bay


Best Pop Solo Performance
• Heartbeat Song - Kelly Clarkson

• Love Me Like You Do - Ellie Goulding
     
• Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran

• Blank Space - Taylor Swift
     
• Can't Feel My Face - The Weeknd
     
My pick: Can't Feel My Face

For Sure Critics Choice: Thinking Out Loud (boooorrrrrinnnngg)



Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
• Ship To Wreck - Florence and the Machine

• Sugar - Maroon 5

• Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson Featuring Bruno Mars

• Bad Blood - Taylor Swift Featuring Kendrick Lamar

• See You Again - Wiz Khalifa Featuring Charlie Puth
     
My pick: Ship to Wreck

For Sure Critics Choice: Ship to Wreck; think I got this one!!


Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album
• The Silver Lining: The Songs Of Jerome Kern - Tony Bennett & Bill Charlap

• Shadows In The Night - Bob Dylan

• Stages - Josh Groban

• No One Ever Tells You - Seth MacFarlane

• My Dream Duets - Barry Manilow (& Various Artists)

I didn't really have a pick, I was just tickled because Barry Manilow and wondered if it was Seth McFarlane from Family Guy



Best Pop Vocal Album
• Piece By Piece - Kelly Clarkson

• How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful - Florence + The Machine
   
• Uptown Special - Mark Ronson

• 1989 - Taylor Swift

• Before This World - James Taylor

My pick: 1989. GOTTA

For Sure Critics Choice: BETTER BE 1989

Best Dance Recording
• We're All We Need - Above & Beyond Featuring Zoë Johnston

• Go - The Chemical Brothers

• Never Catch Me - Flying Lotus Featuring Kendrick Lamar

• Runaway (U & I) - Galantis

• Where Are Ü Now - Skrillex And Diplo With Justin Bieber

My pick: Where Are U Now and you know I just chose this category so I could play it for Reno

For Sure Critics Choice: Not one clue




Best Rock Performance
• Don't Wanna Fight - Alabama Shakes

• What Kind Of Man - Florence + The Machine

• Something From Nothing - Foo Fighters
     
• Ex's & Oh's - Elle King
     
• Moaning Lisa Smile - Wolf Alice

My pick: Something from Nothing , but Ex's & Oh's, but...rock??

For Sure Critics Choice: Wolf Alice Whatsit


Best Metal Performance
• Identity - August Burns Red
   
• Cirice - Ghost

• 512 - Lamb Of God

• Thank You - Sevendust

• Custer - Slipknot

I just included becuz: Slipnot? Really? Still?


Best Rock Song
• Don't Wanna Fight - Alabama Shakes

• Ex's & Oh's - Elle King

• Hold Back The River - James Bay
     
• Lydia - Highly Suspect

• What Kind Of Man - Florence + The Machine

My pick: Ex's & Oh's, but...rock? Like for reals?

For Sure Critics Choice: James Bay (who?? So he's NOT the son that was sent afloat and had a body of water named after him in Ontario, right??) or F+M



Best Rock Album
• Chaos And The Calm - James Bay
   
• Kintsugi - Death Cab For Cutie
   
• Mister Asylum - Highly Suspect

• Drones - Muse

• .5: The Gray Chapter - Slipknot
     
Slipnot again? Relly?


Best Alternative Music Album
• Sound & Color - Alabama Shakes

• Vulnicura - Björk

• The Waterfall - My Morning Jacket

• Currents - Tame Impala

• Star Wars - Wilco

My pick: Alabama Shakes, based on the one song I liked from their other album

For Sure Critics Choice: Um..Wilco?


Best Urban Contemporary Album
• Ego Death - The Internet

• You Should Be Here - Kehlani

• Blood - Lianne La Havas

• Wildheart - Miguel

• Beauty Behind The Madness - The Weeknd

My pick: The Weeknd

For Sure Critics Choice: Lianna LaHavas


Best R&B Album
• Coming Home - Leon Bridges

• Black Messiah - D'Angelo And The Vanguard

• Cheers To The Fall - Andra Day

• Reality Show - Jazmine Sullivan

• Forever Charlie - Charlie Wilson

I mean: gotta be Charlie, amirite??


Best Rap Performance
• Apparently - J. Cole

• Back To Back - Drake

• Trap Queen - Fetty Wap
   
• Alright - Kendrick Lamar

• Truffle Butter - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake & Lil Wayne

• All Day - Kanye West Featuring Theophilus London, Allan Kingdom & Paul McCartney

My pick: Back to Back

For Sure Critics Choice: All Day; they love Sir Paul McCartney

   
Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
• One Man Can Change The World - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & John Legend

• Glory - Common & John Legend

• Classic Man - Jidenna Featuring Roman GianArthur

• These Walls - Kendrick Lamar Featuring Bilal, Anna Wise & Thundercat

• Only - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown

My pick: Woo hoo better be Classic Man!!

For Sure Critics Choice: Kendrick Whatshispickle



Best Rap Song
• All Day - Kanye West

• Alright - Kendrick Lamar

• Energy - Drake

• Glory - Common & John Legend

• Trap Queen - Fetty Wap

My pick: Trap Queen

For Sure Critics Choice: All Day



Best Rap Album
• 2014 Forest Hills Drive - J. Cole

• Compton - Dr. Dre
     
• If You're Reading This It's Too Late - Drake

• To Pimp A Butterfly - Kendrick Lamar

• The Pinkprint - Nicki Minaj

My pick: Drake

For Sure Critics Choice: Kendrick Gonnawineverything


Best Country Solo Performance
• Burning House - Cam
   
• Traveller - Chris Stapleton
 
• Little Toy Guns - Carrie Underwood

• John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16 - Keith Urban

• Chances Are - Lee Ann Womack

My pick: Ummmmm Lee Ann Womack?

For Sure Critics Choice: Keith Urban?




Best Country Song
• Chances Are - Lee Ann Womack

• Diamond Rings And Old Barstools - Tim McGraw

• Girl Crush - Little Big Town

• Hold My Hand - Brandy Clark

• TravellerChris Stapleton

See above!

Best American Roots Performance
• And Am I Born To Die - Béla Fleck & Abigail Washburn
 
• Born To Play Guitar - Buddy Guy

• City Of Our Lady - The Milk Carton Kids
 
• Julep - Punch Brothers
     
• See That My Grave Is Kept Clean - Mavis Staples
 
MAVIS!!

Best Blues Album
• Descendants Of Hill Country - Cedric Burnside Project
   
• Outskirts Of Love - Shemekia Copeland

• Born To Play Guitar - Buddy Guy
   
• Worthy - Bettye LaVette

• Muddy Waters 100 - John Primer & Various Artists
   
Muddy Waters, yo


Best Spoken Word Album (Includes Poetry, Audio Books & Storytelling)
• Blood On Snow (Jo Nesbø) - Patti Smith

• Brief Encounters: Conversations, Magic Moments, And Assorted Hijinks - Dick Cavett
 
• A Full Life: Reflections at Ninety - Jimmy Carter
 
• Patience And Sarah (Isabel Miller) - Janis Ian & Jean Smart

• Yes Please - Amy Poehler (& Various Artists)

My pick: Yes Please, please!


Best Comedy Album
• Back To The Drawing Board - Lisa Lampanelli

• Brooklyn - Wyatt Cenac

• Happy. And A Lot. - Jay Mohr
   
• Just Being Honest - Craig Ferguson
 
• Live At Madison Square Garden - Louis C.K.

I guess LCK for Reno


Best Compilation Soundtrack For Visual Media
• Empire: Season 1

• Fifty Shades Of Grey
 
• Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me
 
• Pitch Perfect 2
 
• Selma
 
My pick: Empire!! Drip Drop, Drip Drippity Drop

For Sure Critics Choice: Selma


Best Song Written For Visual Media
• Earned It (Fifty Shades Of Grey)

• Glory

• Love Me Like You Do

• See You Again

• Til It Happens To You
     
My pick: Earned It

For Sure Critics Choice: Til it Happens To You


Best Music Video
• LSD - ASAP Rocky

• I Feel Love (Every Million Miles) - The Dead Weather
     
• Alright - Kendrick Lamar
     
• Bad Blood - Taylor Swift Featuring Kendrick Lamar
 
• Freedom - Pharrell Williams
 
My pick: No clue

For Sure Critics Choice: Bad Blood *herk*


Best Music Film
• Mr. Dynamite: The Rise Of James Brown - James Brown
     
• Sonic Highways - Foo Fighters
     
• What Happened, Miss Simone? Nina Simone
     
• The Wall - Roger Waters
     
• Amy - Amy Winehouse
     
My pick: Sonic Highways

For Sure Critics Choice: Mr. Dynamite


Like WHEW! Motherhumper that's a lot of categories! Thank you for reading this far, you four!

18 comments:

  1. I agreed with you on EVERYTHING but one! Girl Crush will win on Best Country Song. You rock, lady! Awesome post, lottsa work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good point! Baby voices FTW!

      Delete
    2. I hate country music, but that song is something.

      Delete
  2. Excuse me but who the f is James Bay? I am so out of touch

    Also I've heard Kendrick Lamar, but I wouldn't know him if I fell over him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, not one clue re: James Bay (except the Canadian body of water), so he will Beck it the eff oot

      Kendrick Lamar is...probably not someone I can discuss properly. JSierra could I bet!

      Delete
    2. Rapper! Some fire mix tapes bit AWFUL in concert. I've seen him in two different cities and was let down both times.

      Delete
    3. There is an unreal amount of hype on Kendrick Lamar right now

      Delete
  3. I hope Roger Waters wins for The Wall. I saw it live in Sydney and it was trippy and OSSUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trippy and Ossum is his bread and butter!

      Delete
    2. I have an ex-boyfriend that hates you right now for being able to see it live

      Delete
    3. Mr Mae is OBSESSED with RW...he's seen The Wall live three bloody times....

      Delete
    4. I'm just going to say you probably shouldn't answer the door to any skinny Canadian white dudes; three times would be too much for ex to handle

      Delete
  4. Uptown Funk makes me stabby. Ed Sheeran makes me lovey. Taylor makes me stabby because I know shell take every category she's in and she don't always deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uptown Funk is Ossum! Taylor is ossum except for Bad Blood, ick, hate. That should NOT win. And I mean that truly having nothing to do with Katy. The song is not good.

      Delete
    2. Bad Blood IS a bad song, but the video is worse. I mean, when you need that many friendlies in your video...

      Delete
    3. But if you think anyone buys that your distaste has NOTHING to do with Kitty Purry..

      Delete
    4. Let's just say it doesn't help its case.

      Delete