Monday, 4 January 2016

Dis Week on Der Bookie Wook: TWO Awards Shows!

We're diving into the new year with award season in full swing: TWO this week! Whuuuut?? I know! We start this Wednesday is the People's Choice Awards at 7pm Bookie Standard Time, y'all remember this one right? Totally predetermined and a good example of mainstream Murica's taste; should be sparkly pablum fun! More information here, including nominees like Ann(e) Hathaway, Melissa McCarthy, etc etc



It will help limber us up for the big dog: the 73rd Annual Golder Globes Awards this Sunday. The red carpet starts at 4 pm BST on E! and unforch no Tina and Amy this year, DAMMIT, but the brilliantly hilarious and offensive Ricky Gervais isn't pulling any punches, swearsies, so I'm still gonna call it a win.


The awesomesauce Veronica S has started our coverage, you can check it oot here for supporting TV actors/actresses and this one for best TV actor/actresses

There are new American Horror Story:Hotel and Vanderpump Rules recaps coming, those bastages at Bravo didn't gimme a new Work Out New York epi this week, so none of that, but we may even get to watching Empire finally! Maybe!

Oh. And the new Bachelor season starts tonight. Yaaaayyyyy!

See you for some or all lovies! Happy new year!

14 comments:

  1. I'll email, but is anyone watching Ben the Bachelor with me tonight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry ma'am, I'm oot! Those 6 pm shows are wicket tricky for me

      Delete
    2. It's a shame, because those shows are actually a lot of fun with a big group. I just don't know how big of a group we're running dese days?

      Delete
    3. I had a feeling it wasn't happening. I think it's really just J and I that watch it anymore, so I'll just try and recap it in that case and we can talk about it there. It did used to be fun watching it in a large group.

      Delete
    4. I may be able to watch for the first hour, but then have some commitments. Sorry to leave you hanging.

      Delete
    5. Thanks Charlie, it's okay. I've resigned myself to just recapping. I appreciate it though!

      Delete
    6. I'll be there! You've got me hook line and sinker

      Delete
  2. I don't appear to have the People's Choice anywhere. May have to put on my Illinois disguise and see what I can find online

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Australia! By way of Chicago!

      Delete
    2. I watch so little of it! It's such a throwback, all TV will soon go ahead as streaming. That's where are the GOOD stuff is

      Delete
    3. Bastages trying to make me pay for it! Pffft

      Delete
    4. I downgraded my DTV package to the lowest just today as a matter of fact. Totally agree!

      Delete
    5. Bravo is really what keeps me coming back. Plus TWD, AHS, my MTV re world and challenge shows, TLC faves. There's a few more. I really should cut down big time.

      Delete