Saturday, 2 January 2016

Golden Globes - Closer Look Part 2


A bit over a week to go! Woo hoo!
The second list of categories to have a closer look at are;

Best Actor in a TV Series, Drama


The nominees are Jon Hamm (Mad Men), Rami Malek (Mr Robot), Wagner Moura (Narcos), Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul) and Liev Schreiber (Ray Donovan).








Best Actress in a TV Series, Drama

 The nominees are Caitriona Balfe (Outlander), Viola Davis (How To Get Away with Murder), Eva Green (Penny Dreadful), Taraji P.Henson (Empire) and Robin Wright (House of Cards).






Actor in a TV Series, Comedy

The nominees are Aziz Ansari (Master of None), Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle), Rob Lowe (The Grinder), Patrick Stewart (Blunt Talk) and Jeffrey Tambor (Transparent).






Actress in a TV Series, Comedy

The nominees are Rachel Bloom (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend), Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens), Julia Louis Dreyfus (Veep), Gina Rodriguez (Jane the Virgin) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie).






I would love the see the newbies like my boy Rami Malek, Caitriona Balfe, Aziz Ansari and Rachel Bloom get up!  Probs end up being the same old, same old though.  And it is still the Jon Hamm farewell tour. How about you? Who do you think will take the GG home?


26 comments:

  1. I'd also love to see Aziz get it! I'd also like to see Malek and Hensen and Curtis win. Curtis only cuz I lurves her and she's awesome always. And also I'd totes love to see Hamm and the like NOT win the thing! I love Dreyfuss to pieces, but she's won that thing like 2000 times for that role. We get it, she's awesome playing VEEP. OKAY. Spread the wealth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see Mad Men getting any love, too long gone and I heard the last season was a snoozer. I love Lily Tomlin but VEEP will win every damn thing ever. The writing must be spectacular!

    I'll watch Mr. Robot during naptime, honest! I just have grown unaccustomed to TV watching alone and it feels weird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tahred of all these same shows being nominated and winning year after year. Give someone else a chance!you aren't the only good actor on TV *cough*Julia Louis Dreyfus*cough*

      Delete
    2. Right?? Always the same. I understand they're at the top of their game, but surely there has to be more oot there. Now that I'm watching Breaking Bad, I understand why they swept everything always, but still

      Delete
  3. I've come late to love Liev Schreiber (NOBODY LIKES THE WHITE CUPCAPKES BEST LIEV!!)but he was fantastic in Spotlight, so I'll give him 4th runner up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the premiere episode of Crazy Ex Girfriend and I just can't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED the premier ep. Then lost it after that. I forced myself to watch a few more but that first ep had a magic that the rest of the season just doesn't have.

      Delete
    2. I've never seen, just hopeful someone new will get on up there!

      Delete
    3. You know VEEP has that shite locked

      Delete
  5. Rami! I'm so over John Hamm and Liev. I feel like Liev gets nominated just so they can have someone else up there, he's the constant in the whole equation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus he likes white cupcakes, so he's totally a giant liar. He really was good in Spotlight, though

      Delete
    2. Sam Heughan from Outlander should have had Liev or Jon's nom. He was robbed! Robbed, I tell you!

      Delete
    3. Is that one of those fighty shows where someone is immortal?

      Delete
    4. Uh no. It's a time travel romance set in Scotland obvs.

      Delete
  6. I'm cool with any of the best TV actresses winning, aside from you know who.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't Kerry Washington usually get a Scandal nom? I'm rooting for Viola or Caitroina!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speaking of Breaking Bad, even the background characters (Mike, Hank) are fantastic. I'm trying not to hate Skyler but she ain't making it easy. Her strange weight fluctuations are so distracting when you bingewatch! Like RJ Mitte, growing up and losing 20 pounds over hiatus

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ray Donovan
    Taraji
    Jane the Virgin
    Patrick Stewart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taraji and Patrick ARE awesome, fo sho.

      Delete
    2. Taraji will probably lose to Viola, Patrick has a shot depending on what they think of Tambor's character.

      Delete
    3. Tambor has been winning everything lately, though. I think it's at least partly due to the subject matter and so much awareness re: trans this past year

      Delete
    4. I haven't seen the show so I can't really say

      Delete