Friday, 8 January 2016

Golden Globes - A Closer Look Part 5


Arrrghhhhh, we're running out of time!  Ricky is nearly here!


The final acting categories are . . . . 

Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama


The nominees are Bryan Cranston (Trumbo), Leonardo Dicaprio (The Revenant), Michael Fassbender (Jobs), Eddie Redmayne (The Danish Girl) and Will Smith (Concussion).








Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama


The nominees are Cate Blanchett (Carol), Brie Larson (Room), Rooney Mara (Carol), Saorise Ronan (Brooklyn) and Alicia Vikander (The Danish Girl)






Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Comedy


The nominees are Christian Bale (The Big Short), Steve Carrell (The Big Short), Matt Damon (The Martian), Al Pacino (Danny Collins) and Mark Ruffalo (Infinitely Polar Bear).






 Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy


The nominees are Jennifer Lawrence (Joy), Melissa McCarthy (Spy), Amy Schumer (Trainwreck), Dame Maggie Smith (Lady in the Van) and Lily Tomlin (Grandma).






Phew! There they all are!  Some interesting snubs as well, no Tom Hardy? No Bill Hader? 

What do you think?  I'm just pleased to see old Fassy Pants up there

19 comments:

  1. I loved Alicia Vikander in Ex Machina

    Tangent: you HAVE to see that movie! I know some of my taste is questionable at best (Flavor of Love, I know I know, etc etc), but more than just me thought it was fantastic. Awards even!

    Go Dame Maggie Smith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching Walt there and I KNEW it was butter!

    Awesome post, Gif Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen any of these, but I'd love to see Carrell win! Adore him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kinda pissed off that hardly any of these movies are available to watch before the awards. I would say about four of these movies have been available to me at the cinema.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the other thing; most of these are just coming out now. Mental

      Delete
    2. Yes! The only option is the illeg one. No way in hell am I shelling out $10 per film

      Delete
    3. So you have to wonder if the Golden Globes are just for marketing, then

      Delete
  5. It almost makes me a little happy to see Concussion and Jobs on here. Both were made to win Oscars and both are def not going to do that, so I like seeing them get recognized for something. I was starting to get overwhelmed with second hand embarrassment for all involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, you all know how much hate all things Apple and even I'm embarassed for them

      Delete
    2. It came out too close to Ashton's Jobs movie. Which was also miserable. We need some time to forget what a dick Steve was before they try to shove him down our throats again.

      This is awful but as soon as I heard Will's accent I knew it was over.

      Delete
    3. I have to admit to my throat closing up every single time I heard him say "Tell the TROOF!!" in the commercial tho

      Delete
  6. For some reason I just love Saoirse! I can't explain it but I just really, really like her. I'll be happy if she or Professor McGonagall takes it home.

    Mad Max was robbed! Such an amazing film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was excellent in the Wee Murderer movie! I heard the same about The Lovely Bones but I didn't see, only read

      Delete
    2. It was pretty good! I never read the book but thought the movie was alright. There are a few other movies of hers I've seen and liked, Byzantium, Grand Budapest, Hanna, Violet and Daisey, and I just really like her as an actress.

      Delete
    3. Hanna! That was the Wee Murderer movie. She was great in that. The Lovely Bones is fantastic, did child murder without sentimentality and I could hardly believe how good it was

      Delete
  7. We're watching Tombstone later, J, if you're aboot!

    ReplyDelete